Monday, December 01, 2008

Penang was awarded the World Heritage title recently...

...so naturally, my group of friends and I geared ourselves up and headed towards one of the older parts of town, not seeking for fortune, but classic old Penang heritage buildings.


We kick-start our journey right in one of those little lanes. Here's a warm-up shot *warning* some shots may appear to be quite noob.


A rather quick shot of a trishaw passing by.


As we progressed, I found a piece of coiled rope lying on the ground. So what do I do? Snap it, of course!




He needs a break.


Life of a joss-stick: How long can you last?


Nikonians! (Left to right: Steph, Ming, Val, Yong Chang)



Autumn stones


A couple of photographers photographed.


Ming & YC


Steph & Val


Question: How many eyes do I have?


What are you looking ar, lady? Never seen a cat lick his balls before?


Ming: If you want a nice picture, you need to adjust this, change that, then change this and press the button here.
YC: Ohh..aiyoh, so ma huan...


Optical illusion: Is it falling down or hanging up there?




Drums picture taken from the Beijing Olympics 2008...not!




Steph: Eh, up there got something!
Val: Where? Where??







Frozen in time.






Graffiti.



After a whole morning spent snapping on old heritage buildings, still lifes and laughing our hearts out, we decided to change sceneries. As the old saying goes, it's always greener on the other side. I find it true :)

Next mission: Penang Municipal / Youth Park







A fascinating piece of rope, that caught the eye of 5 photographers.




See?


My guess is, this is the logo for Youth Park. I'm not too sure though.




Yellow flower: Oh, hello there!


Being kids again!


Wheeeee~!


A 1-sec shot to make the water "silky"


Taking a break before heading back home.

Till the next entry...ciao!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice picture!! Once I get my first digital SLR.. please teach me...

Mayki said...

Sure! When? Hahaha...