Sunday, August 16, 2009

Going Down Under.

I've just landed myself into a new job a month ago and the nice people at my company has just whisked me off to work in Sydney for the next 3 months. So after much shopping for winter clothing and getting prepared for the months ahead, it's time for me to leave the hot & humid Penang and say hello to winter in Sydney. Here's my journey...



The morning I was checking in, the whole Malaysian Airlines' computer system broke down. Talk about being jinxed. So my boarding pass was handwritten on this piece of, probably, 20-year old ticket. Check out the yellowish tinge on it.


Sunrise!


Say helloooooo to Jaxie. She's the dog of the colleague I'm currently staying with. A Maltese mix.


My first weekend in Sydney was in Hunter's Valley. They're famous for their own brand of wine.


Restaurant.








The 6-bedroom hut we were staying in.


Someone went berserk with the toilet paper.


Room I was in. Was supposed to share it with my Manager, but she couln't make it. So I had the place all to myself :)


My boss (middle) and Director (right).


Amount of beer consumed by just the few people standing around the campfire.







2 comments:

Angie said...

Hey, just realize that you are in Sydney now. Are you going to be stationed there for 3 months? Which company are you engaging with?

Mayki said...

Hi Angie! Yeap, I'm working in Sydney for 3 months, and then I'll be back in Penang :) I'm with PMA Solutions (Print Management Australia) and I'm one of their graphic designer.