Sunday, January 11, 2009

Here lies...Penang's first few tourists.

Allow me to take you down memory lane of yesterday. I tell ya..choosing and uploading these pics in the middle of the night when I was alone in my room was not a nice feeling...




(Rest in) Peace, yo!






The youngest of all




Seeing that we are living in Penang, it's perfectly normal that thievery and vandalism happens even in graveyards. There would have been an angel standing right on top of this stone. But at least this one still has a small part of the body left. Other graves were not so lucky.


Unlike this one, a lot of other graves are unmarked because of thieves who dug + stole the marble slabs out, leaving just an empty square shape. Pity...I certainly hope that they will meet the owner of those marble slabs, which they stole and sold *evil grin*


After walking in between numerous graves and cripts, I finally found our Founder...phew! Ok, time to get out of this place!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Spooky~~~ Luckily you didn't capture something out of ordinary.

Mayki said...

Haha..if I did, u can be sure tat it's gonna end up in my blog asap!

a.h.t.i.n. said...

those pictures looked really peaceful...hehe!

Extreme Power said...

Good shots mate. Shd go down to wollongong to shoot more.